All prices and deals are website exclusive and not necessarily available in store.
National No Smoking Day 2020
National No Smoking Day 2020 is on Wednesday 11th March. As an e-cigarette retailer, our mission is to help individuals quit smoking for good in order to improve their overall health.
No matter how many cigarettes you smoke a day or how long you've smoked for, it's never too late to quit. As previous smokers ourselves, the team at 888 Vapour are aware of the benefits e-cigarettes have when it comes to quitting smoking. It's a big challenge, but you don't have to do it alone, which is why we're getting involved in National No Smoking Day; to offer advice, hints and tips to make the process as easy as possible.
Public Health England state that e-cigarettes are at least 95% less harmful than cigarettes, and combining these with face-to-face support can be particularly effective when it comes to quitting smoking.
What happens when you quit smoking?
It's never too late to stop smoking, and many health benefits will happen faster than you think:
- After 20 minutes your pulse returns to normal
- After 8 hours your oxygen levels start to recover, and the carbon monoxide in your blood has halved
- After 48 hours your body has flushed out all carbon monoxide and your lungs are clearing out any mucus. Plus, your smell and taste start to improve
- After 72 hours breathing feels easier and you feel more energetic
- After 2-12 weeks your circulation improves
- After 3-9 months you will experience less coughing and wheezing as your lungs are working 10% better
- After 1 year your risk of a heart attack has halved (compared to a smoker), and research suggests that you are happier than those who continue to smoke
- After 10 years your risk of death from lung cancer has halved
- After 15 years your risk of heart attack is now the same as someone who has never smoked
With the right support, you're up to three times as likely to quit for good.
How do e-cigarettes help someone to quit smoking?
Unlike other stop smoking aids such as chewing gums and patches, e-cigarettes help to mimic the action of smoking through inhaling a vapour. When using e-cigarettes to quit smoking, it is common for individuals to use e-liquids that contain nicotine. E-liquids are heated up via the coil in a tank, that creates a water-based vapour which is then inhaled into the lungs.
It's important when using e-cigarettes to choose a device and e-liquids that meet your needs. When quitting smoking, we recommend all customers to begin with a starter kit. These kits are basic and very simple to use and can be paired with basic e-liquids in order to deliver the right nicotine strength.
For more information on the best e-cigarettes and e-liquids to use for quitting smoking, please visit our Stoptober blog here.
We also have a useful guide to e-liquids and their ingredients that you can find here.
"After smoking for too many years to remember and numerous attempts to give up, I finally decided to try vaping. To my amazement, I've not touched a cigarette since. Highly recommend this to anyone trying to quit smoking." - Peter, Grantham.
It's important to understand that quitting smoking completely is the most beneficial to your health, but using stop smoking aids can help to cut down your nicotine consumption in order to fully quit.
If you have any questions or need advice on e-cigarettes and e-liquids, our team are always on hand to help! You can reach us between 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01522 244880.